Apr 24, 2006

Highbury Walk

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This hike didn’t work out very well. The plan was to follow the Thames all the way to Adelaide st., through what remains of the wilderness of my childhood. I got deep into the woods along the Thames River and had to walk all the way back due to the bridge being suddenly non-existent in front of me. Mental note: when you see a sign that says “sidewalk closed”, heed it well, for signs do not lie.

I started this walk at 7am sharp and ended it at close to 9:30am. There was a stop at the McDonald’s for about 20 minutes just after the ½ way point.

My left foot was so seized up after I had woken up for a nap afterwards it felt like it was broken. It took almost a full week for it to get back to normal. I gotta keep walking to get my body in shape if I am going to walk farther than this. Having said that though, I am quite impressed with myself for walking so far in such a short amount of time. I had to double check the distance to make sure it was correct.

More walks to come. Destination unknown.

(Map made with this very cool Google Maps mod: The Gmaps Pedometer)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home