May 5, 2006

East Thames Walk

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Walked pretty much the same distance as I did on the Highbury walk but didn’t suffer the bad foot sprain afterwards. This is a good sign. Also, this one took me over an hour longer to walk, even though it was a kilometer less. This means it was a better walk.

The path that follows the Thames between Oxford st and the forks is infested with bikers, rollerbladers and at times is as busy as a downtown sidewalk. I assume it’s like this all the way up to Western and it's really annoying. Not really an enjoyable walk and I will avoid this area as best I can from now on.

The walk got good around the Watson Park area, having to trespass on hospital grounds to stay as close to the river as I could and seeing river valleys I couldn't get to and stuff.

The trail got “weird”, so I had to cross a train bridge to the other side of the river. I am normally not afraid of heights but in certain situations, like crossing a train bridge with Canada geese below me hissing at like snakes and trying to watch for approaching trains, I totally am scared of heights.

Finally, I saw and photographed a fox. I think this is a pretty rare thing considering I was within city limits and foxes are known to want absolutely nothing at all to do with humans. Mr. Fox was pretty nervous, but it posed for me a few times. He was eating something he just caught, probably a squirrel or bird between Adelaide and Eggerton; a small piece of wilderness owned and operated by Mr. Fox, at least for now.

Legs and feet were tired, but not as bad as last time. Good walk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home