Jul 2, 2005

Saturday Crawl: Canada Day Edition

Took the remaining 10 shots I had in my camera and wandered around the parts of downtown that I haden't wandered around before today. Checked out the Labatt's plant, Michel's On The Thames and the rather claustrophobic Ridout st. underpass.

Also went back to one of the alleyways beside Chaucer's, a place that ended up being one of my favourate shots and tried to focus more on the yellow bricks that made it so awesome. I could see the picture in my head when I was there again and tried stupidly to recreate the same magic. Not a chance in hell. Everything from that alley ended up being really badly lit.

Anyway, after 3 hours of walking and watching, the best shot was one of that last ones. Witness this shot of a train that barred my way home for 10 minutes. I had only 4 more shots to take and got bored while the train moved by ever so slowly by. Behind me in this shot is 3 cars full of people, staring at me and wondering what the hell I was doing... I am quite proud of the focus of the shot while I am on my knees in the middle of a busy road!

(click on the image for more clarity, as this Blogger pic is rather small and not as good looking as the original. I can't resize it on my blog due to Blogger not letting me do it, even though I said I wanted the thing "large". You call that thing large!? I didn't think so! In fact, I think Blogger might be just fucking with me for the sake of some odd experiment to be quite honest with you.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home