Oct 18, 2005

Primary Colours are Hypnotic... or something.

Pictures last weekend and the weekend before that I thought were just okay, until I developed them, scanned them and played with them in Photoshop. They quickly turned out to be what I think are some of the best photos I have taken in quite a while… I am revived!


Brick Wall:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Yeah, pretty simple photo but it's my favourate of all these. This is exactly what I saw when I took the shot. Took me a bit longer to get the settings right and took the shot, hoping for this exact result. No Photoshop work needed, just total straight photography... This photo is exactly why I love taking pictures; it's my imagination made permanent. Awesome.


Green Stairs:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Everyone that's seen this say that it's their favourate of the three. It's odd, becuase I almost didn't work on this one. I was going for simplicity in this and thought the result was too "busy", too much going on, too many angles and lines... I still like it, but still not sure why people like this one the best... I love the colours though, which is of course why I took it in the first place.


Blue Brick:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
My personal favourate of all three. This took a lot of thought. I didn't change any colour settings (well, maybe a little), but the original shot was going to hopefully show an equally blue sky at the top with an equally green roof as well, showing this cool colour matchup. I spent a while on this one and eventually decided that the sky was not blue enough and the roof was not green enough to make it how I really wanted... Just my luck, when I removed the sky and roof and added a colour gradient border, it just worked perfectly as a real work of art... I love it when that happens.


Next weekend is the first mission for Urbex London. Ren and I (and hopefully more) will be walking around searching for the unknown beauty... We shall see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home