Apr 14, 2005

The Word Has Moved On

Almost four months ago on Christmas Day, my Mom gave me the hardcover new release of "The Dark Tower" by Stephen King, the final seventh book of the most great mindfuck adventue of the 20th century and it was finally in my grasp!

I remember unwrapping that book shaped gift, knowing it was from my mom and therefore knowing perfectly well what it was before seeing it and thinking how shitty is was to have this story in front of me. That might sound weird but at the time, I was a poor, poor man without job and had not been able to afford the previous published book "Song of Susannah" and the mother of mine didn't know this... The book with all the answers was destined to have to wait almost four months on the top of my fridge, collecting dust and trying to be forgotten.

I have been following The Gunslinger in his journey to the Dark Tower for (let me think...) over 12 years now. It was torture getting the last book for Christmas, knowing that I had it, fresh off the presses and couldn't read it until I had Book 6 under my belt.

But now, I am completely in the grasp of "Song of Susannah" and I welcome it's familiar words like the memory of a first kiss.


Book 7 is next...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home